Ways to Get Involved
While parent participation is not required at ACS, we highly encourage and greatly appreciate parent involvement. Not only do the children love seeing their parents on campus, but faculty and staff are very grateful for your serving hearts.
Some ways to be involved on campus include volunteering in the classroom (after completion of fingerprinting and background check) or signing up for one of the committees that work on school activities throughout the year.
Volunteering in the Classroom
All parent volunteers must complete fingerprinting and background checks prior to working in the classrooms. If you desire to work in the classroom to bless students and teachers with your time, contact the school office (Preschool or K-8 depending on which grade your child is enrolled in) to schedule an appointment with the Administrative Assistant for fingerprinting. At the time of the appointment, make sure to bring a current driver’s license and payment of $20 for processing. Fingerprinting is done here on campus, but please make arrangements for childcare should you have young children as they are not permitted in the fingerprinting area. Once the fingerprinting and background check has been processed and cleared by the Department of Justice, parents can coordinate with the teacher for days and times to volunteer in class.
School Activity Committees
ACS is host to some fantastic events throughout the year, but the parent volunteers are the ones make these events such a success. If you are interested in signing up to be in one of the following committees, please contact either the Preschool or K-8 office, and we will help get you plugged in:
- Jog-a-thon: an annual fundraising event to support the school; held in the fall
- Golf Tournament and Auction Dinner: an annual fundraiser to support the school; held in the spring
- Teacher Appreciation Group (T.A.G): coordinate small acts of kindness to bless faculty and staff of ACS
- Box Tops for Education: count BoxTops that students bring to their class
- School Calendar: work with other parents to compile the school calendar complete with pictures and sponsorships
- eScrip: purchase regular items at local merchants and some of the proceeds benefit ACS
- Talent Show: an opportunity for all of students to show us some of the gifts they have been blessed with
- Yearbook: coordinate pictures, page dedications, and sponsorships for this memorable book
- APC Theme Night: a night of family fun with a themed event
- Field Day: end of school field day at a local park full of fun for all